This job posting is no longer active.
The Nurse Manager acts as the principal liaison between all service locations and support departments, other healthcare facilities and in partnership with physicians to ensure appropriate patient placement and staff assignment.
· Insures that resources are assigned, patient needs are met, and treatment plans are executed in the appropriate level of the continuum with a sense of urgency and in alignment with our operational output metrics of Quality & Safety, Experience and Efficiency.
· Collaborates with other health care disciplines and departments in providing a continuum of care to the patient; participates in the Integrated model of care, rounds daily with interdisciplinary team to assist with planning for the next level of care. Is specifically accountable for assisting with patient flow management, addressing clinical barriers and utilizing nursing plans and care paths when available.
· Provides for the provision of professional nursing care on assigned unit according to State Board of Nursing guidelines and established ANA Code of Ethics.
· Coordinates the work of the unit, provides direct supervision, coaching, and mentoring to professional and unlicensed assistive personnel providing direct and indirect patient care.
· Partners with unit director to assist with nursing performance review, and quality assurance for assigned areas.
· Serves as a coach and preceptor/mentor to other unit staff. Serves on councils and other hospital or unit-based task forces/committees.
· Assists with human resource management, development of unit goals and assures that these are operational.
· Responsible for daily clinical management of the unit; and for unit operations in the absence of the Director
What you will need:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
· Current RN license with the Georgia State Board of Nursing or eNLC.
· Three (3) years of direct patient care experience in a similar size and scope (ER experience) preferred.
#NavicentHealthJob #Leadership #Manager #Nurse
Navicent Health Baldwin (NHB) is located in Milledgeville near the geographic center of Georgia, providing advanced healthcare technologies to the 90,000 residents living in the seven surrounding counties.
The hospital offers a wide range of medical services "from specialized treatment centers for cancer and wound care" to advanced imaging technologies that include digital mammography and high-speed CT scanning. In addition to its 24/7 Emergency Department, the hospital also offers a number of outpatient treatment programs, same-day surgery, health education programs, and a state-of-the-art laboratory for diagnostic testing. For inpatient treatment, the hospital is licensed for 140 acute care beds and for 15 beds in its Skilled Nursing Unit, which serves patients requiring extended care.
NHB's roots date back to March 1957, when it opened as Baldwin County Hospital. In the 1990s, the hospital's name was officially changed to Oconee Regional Medical Center and Oconee Regional Health Systems, Inc. was formed as a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization to serve as a holding company to operate the hospital.
Today, Oconee Regional Medical Center has become part of the greater Navicent Health hospital system and is known as Navicent Health Baldwin.
As part of its mission to provide high quality, safe, compassionate and patient-focused healthcare, NHB continues to make substantial investments each year in new medical technologies, equipment and upgrades to its facilities. During the past decade, this has included the addition of Park Tower, a four-story complex which houses the Education Center, a Medical/Surgical unit, Cardiopulmonary Services, a Post-Surgical Unit, Same Day Surgery, Ambulatory Care, Outpatient Lab, Administration, and "A Place for Women", the hospital's maternity and obstetrics care unit.
Other enhancements to its facilities have included renovation and expansion of the Emergency Treatment Center, which added 4,157 square feet to the unit, a Cancer Treatment Center, a Wound Care Healing Center, and a Sleep and Wellness Center. NHB is committed to patient-centered care and is focused on quality improvements at every level of the patient experience. Through programs like Quality Works, every process from admission to discharge is reviewed to ensure that each patient receives care that is safe, compassionate and personalized to their specific illness or injury.