Now holding interviews for a Nurse Manager - 4PT Medsurg Navicent Health Baldwin, Milledgeville, GA
The Nurse Manager provides leadership to the health care team with an emphasis on coordination of patient care and throughput of patients. Demonstrates technical and clinical competence, and serves as clinical resource person and role model for staff. Facilitates the development of safe/effective plans through early identification of patient needs and resources. Anticipate medical/psychosocial needs in high risk patients, Facilitate appropriate clinical pathways and plans of care. Participate in daily rounds on all patients with a focus on discharge planning. Serves as charge nurse and operational leader for patient flow when not in administrative role. Assures that patient and caregivers are aware of the patient care plan and anticipated day of discharge. Responds to customer concerns or complaints timely. Alerts physicians of cases needing review and/or discussion Acts as a liaison between patient, family, physician, and interdisciplinary health care team regarding plan of care and progress towards goals. Works with Clinical Intake and Navigation Center to effect efficient patient flow. Reviews and amends staffing to determine immediate needs and anticipates staffing needs for future shifts Peer Feedback Staff Feedback CEU's; Attendance Rosters Observation Facilitates the accomplishment of a safe discharge plan related to patient needs and payor specifications Engages with patient, family and post-acute care to insure that post discharge planning and follow-up actions are taken by appropriate personnel.
Requirements (include but not limited to):
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
2. Experience: None required. Three (3) years'of direct patient care or case management experience in a similar size, similar scope hospital preferred.
3. Certification/License/Registration: Current RN license with the Georgia State Board of Nursing.
4. Position Titles Supervised: Clinical Lead, Clinical Tech, Unit Secretary
5. Special Training/Skills: Acting independently, must demonstrate an ability to analyze clinical, financial, and social situations, identifying problems and alternative courses of actions, and directing the healthcare team, with a sense of urgency and a drive for excellence toward optimal outcomes. Must present with advanced interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with physicians, patients, families, volunteers, and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. Willingness to be flexible, resourceful, and creative in problem solving. Must demonstrate and ability to organize and present information clearly and concisely to keep physicians, peers, interdisciplinary team members, patients, and family members informed about progress developments. Clinical expertise in the specialty area may be required.