The Market Chief Human Resources Officer is a leadership role at Atrium Health–Navicent. S/He works closely with the executive teams at Navicent Health, Atrium Health (AH), and AH regional/market affiliates to assure optimal support and service, supporting a talent and people plan that contributes to organizational goals and objectives.
Reporting directly to the Enterprise VP, Regional HR Partnerships with dotted line to the Atrium Health-Navicent President and CEO, the market CHRO will elevate Navicent Health and Atrium Health as a workplace-of-choice through their commitment to organizational excellence in learning, growth and research. As the Market CHRO, this individual will ensure comprehensive, contemporary and effective HR strategies are executed across the market health system and in support of an agile workforce with an expanding “virtual” construct. The CHRO will lead a human resources team prepared to deliver relevant, impactful and measurable services, and consultation to its constituency.
This individual will define the evolving HR integration between Atrium Health and strategic combination partners, Navicent Health, and potentially future regional partners.
- Will lead the integration and alignment of the market Human Resources function with enterprise Human Resources. Advances the Health System’s human capital agenda including effort to be a great place to work, learn and discover.
- Oversees and enhances a robust talent management strategy relying on data and analytics to fulfill the organizations’ business and clinical strategies.
- Financial Accountability. Use allocated resources to achieve desired financial results, while staying within organizational guidelines. Seek opportunities and encourage employees to contain cost, reduce inefficiencies and eliminate waste that will impact the financial resources of the departments/organizations.
- Fosters and provides leadership in diversity initiatives ensuring the workforce honors inclusion and equity and protects the dignity of all.
- Assures total rewards strategies are progressive, competitive, equitable and cost-effective for executives, faculty, and staff consistent with the Health Systems’ compensation philosophy and market conditions.
- Provides oversight, guidance and leadership in directing the budgeting operations of the Market Human Resources Division to effectively and efficiently manage resources and to meet the overall objectives in a balanced manner.
- Provides leadership and direction to the following Human Resources departments: Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Teammate Relations, and works in partnership with the enterprise Chief Talent Officer for leadership to the Organizational Development function.
- Acts as a Process Improvement Champion related to HR methodology. Approach problems using a methodical approach and analyze information to make well thought-out decisions. Determine process improvement needs and facilitate successful implementation by collaborating with team members.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
A minimum of eight years’ experience in a complex, progressive human resources environment and five years leadership experience with successful track record of progressive responsibility; "generalist" in all human resource functions preferred.
Experience in higher education, academic medical or healthcare industry human resources management preferred but not required.
Master’s Degree in business administration, hospital administration, legal or human resources required.