Physician Advisor Positions
Atrium Health in Charlotte, NC
Navicent Health in Macon, GA
Atrium Health Physician Advisor Services is seeking two full-time Physician Advisors to join its experienced team who has responsibility for inpatient facilities within the Charlotte-metro and Macon, Georgia areas. The rapidly growing Physician Advisor Group started in 2009 and is looking for two additional seasoned hospital leaders to join the group.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Clinical Expertise with more than five years of hospital experience preferred
- Minimum Two years of Utilization Management or similar experience
- Board-Certified Physician Advisor required or the ability to become certified with two years of employment
- Licensed within the state of North Carolina or Georgia
Desired Qualities and Skill-sets
- The expected duties are, but not limited to: 2nd Level UM reviews for Correct Patient Status and Continued Stay, Peer to Peer Denial Management, Government Audit Appeals, participation with the Utilization Management committee, and related projects.
- Demonstrated physician leader with a strong focus on teamwork and patient first solutions
- Previous experience with over and under-utilization of staff and resources required
- Influential healthcare provider with strong negotiation skills and a self-starter
- Strong operational and project management skills
- Comfortable giving presentations to all hospital audiences
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word Outlook, etc.) and Cerner / EPIC
- Experience within the commercial payor industry is a plus
- Positively embrace healthcare’s transition from volume to value
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Part-time clinical work can be supported in this role but is not required.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing over 65,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis. Located in the heart of the Southeast, Charlotte is the largest and most accessible city between Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. Due to its mid-Atlantic location, getting to Charlotte is easy from anywhere in the country or the world, hence its nickname “the International Gateway to the South.”
Navicent Health serves a primary and secondary service area of 30 counties and nearly 750,000 persons in central and south Georgia. It has over 4,600 employees and a medical staff of over 590 physicians. As the second largest hospital in Georgia, Navicent Health is licensed for 637 beds, including medical-surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric, and specialized individual intensive care units for neurology, pediatric, neonatal, surgical trauma, cardiac and cardiac surgery. The Emergency Center, with helipad capability and three urgent care centers, treats over 120,000 visitors per year.
To learn more or to submit a CV for confidential consideration, please contact Kyle Audette, Physician & APP Recruiter via email at Kyle.Audette@atriumhealth.org.